Pneumonia is a common illness caused when respiratory tract infected by bacteria or viruses. Adults can be affected as well as babies and toddlers. Pneumonia has several symptoms like fever, cough, pain in the chest, mucus in the throat, and is not unlike a bronchitis. Even mild pneumonia without fever can occur. The doctor usually gives treatment with antibiotics in inflammation of the lungs due to bacterial infections. There are a few home remedies for pneumonia that can help as the alternative treatment without antibiotics at home and relieve the symptoms.
The most common causes of pneumonia are:
- Bacterial infection
- Viral infection
For many reason, the pathogens caused inflammation are inhaled by droplet infection (after sneezing / coughing) with the air we breathe, there's several factors that increase the risk for pneumonia:
- Weak immune system
- Inhalation of some irritant chemicals
- Some medications
The most common symptoms of pneumonia are:
- Shortness of breath
- Head pain
- Muscle pain
- Loss of appetite
- rapid heart beat
- Pain in the chest
- bluish discoloration of the skin
Natural home remedy for pneumonia
Alternative Treatment Of Pneumonia With Garlic As An Antibiotic
Raw garlic is a strong natural antibiotic that can helps against bacteria, viruses and fungi infections. Garlic relieves fever and solves mucus from the bronchial tubes. This home remedy is recommended also for small children and babies.
- A hot soup with plenty of garlic is a good remedy for the treatment at home. You can chop, or used 3 to 4 cloves raw garlic on a bowl of soup. Every soup can be consumed as 2-3 plates per day to relieve phlegm, fever, and pain.
- Alternatively enrich a cup of warm milk with 4 chopped cloves of garlic and drink several times daily slowly.
- Alternatively chopped garlic with lemon juice and honey into a paste mixing the Teelöffelweise throughout the day spread is taken.
Home remedies with ginger
The Ginger can be a natural remedy against bacterial and viral pneumonia. Especially for budding and mild inflammation, this means it can positively influence the course of the disease itself. It have ability as decongestant, dissolves the mucus from lungs and frees the throat airways.
- You can eat plenty of raw for the treatment of respiratory tract infections.
- A strong ginger tea is made from 2 teaspoons chopped ginger and put it on a cup of warm water. Simmer it for about 10 minutes, and then drink it with honey.
- Alternatively you can chop ginger with honey, then mix and consumed it throughout the day.
Mucus-dissolving home remedy for pneumonia and bronchitis: Chili
Chili can be very helpful as a natural expectorant to prevent congestion due to bronchitis and pneumonia. The capsaicin in Chili promotes the circulation of the respiratory tract and speeds up the healing of viral and bacterial pneumonia.
- Mix chili powder with some honey and mix it with water. Drink it 3 times a day or you drink carrot juice mix with chili powder or chili raw juice.
Natural remedy for pneumonia: oregano oil
Essential oil of oregano has the ability to fights viruses and bacteria in the lung and accelerates the healing process.
- Mix 4 drops of oregano oil with a glass of water and drinks it three times a day.
Turmeric for pain and mucus
Turmeric is another natural antibiotic. It can loosen phlegm and relieves chest pain.
- Mix a glass of warm milk with one teaspoon of turmeric and drink it slowly for several days. Added pepper can makes this even better if you have lots of mucus in the lungs and throat.
Basil and black pepper can cure Pneumonia
- Basil is the best natural remedies for respiratory diseases and Pepper can enhance the expectorant effect and easing the expectoration.
- One chops of a dozen basil leaves and a pinch of black pepper, Dissolve it in a glass of warm milk and drink slowly, you can drink this remedy 3 glasses a day.
Dandelion is a natural remedy for the treatment of pneumonia
A dandelion tea made from dried leaves or roots can be very helpful to relieve the discomfort.
- Mix one teaspoon of dried dandelion and a cup of hot water, simmer it for 10 minutes, and you can drink with honey, you can consume this home remedy 4 cups per day.
Simple tips on what can you do against pneumonia?
Consume fresh vegetable juices like carrot juice, spinach juice, cucumber juice, etc. Support the healing of pneumonia with plenty of natural vitamins and minerals which can increase the immune to help from inside against an inflamed lung.
- Avoid refined flour and products from it such as bread, biscuits and pastries.